Next weekend, from July 28th to the 30th, is the coveting Tax-Free Weekend in the state of Tennessee. Although this event isn’t exclusive only to the Smokies, it becomes a special event as many families use this as an opportunity to get school supplies from our outlet malls and have one last family vacation in the Smokies before the school season begins anew.
Between the two dates, shoppers can expect to take off any sales tax on school supplies adding up to less than $100.00, school clothes adding up to less than $100.00 and computer purchases of up to $1,500. Some of the best places for shopping for these items include:
* Tanger Five Oaks Outlet in Sevierville
* Red Roof Mall in Pigeon Forge
* WalMart Supercenter in Sevierville
* Governor’s Crossing Complex (Across from WalMart) in Sevierville
* The Shops of Pigeon Forge
* Burke’s Outlet in Pigeon Forge
See more information on the Tax-Free weekend at https://www.tn.gov/revenue/article/sales-tax-holiday.